httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Questions about reverse proxy with https
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:53:36 GMT
Yes this is possible. From memory the only thing you need is to set "SSLProxyEngine On". Take
a look at the mod_ssl documentation at httpd.apache.org.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlo Montanari [mailto:carlo.montanari@t-systems.it]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:43 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Questions about reverse proxy with https

Hi list.
I'm in the process of building a reverse proxy architecture based on Apache with mod_proxy,
in order to publish on the Internet an internal website now residing only on our Intranet.
The site is quite critical, so it's required that it must be available externally only in
https. So far so good.
Now some people in our management are requiring that also the communication between the reverse
proxy and the internal site must be encrypted, and this is raising some doubts to me as I
have never worked with such a configuration.
Please anybody can help me with any hint?
First of all, is it possible at all to implement this with mod_proxy?
If so, is there any documentation about it?
Any thoughts about the matter?

Thanks, Carlo