httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 caching problem...
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:42:53 GMT
You need to better describe what you are trying to achieve.

>From what I understand you are trying to read a document which is cached by Apache and
occasionally modified somehow by a script.

If you know the frequency at which the file will change, you might consider including <META
http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="max-age=1800"> or something like that in your file
so that it will become stale after 1800 seconds (30 minutes)

If your script updates the file randomly and it is important that the changes are available
to the user immediately, then you may want to put <META http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">
in your file in order for the file not to be cacheable.

There are also other possibilities, but the solution depends on your setup which we know nothing
about.

-ascs

________________________________

From: abc [mailto:apachemono@rediffmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:01 PM
To: apache-httpd-users@httpd.apache.org; users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 caching problem...

Hi experts...

Our new Apache 1.3's perl module is reading a file. Now even if I delete that file, the app
works because Apache is caching that file. The problem is it not picking up the changes made
to that file. So we have to restart the Apache every time we change the file. We don't want
that. The Production version of Apache does not need a restart. It picks uplatest file. Ours
use cache.

Please help...
Thanks!!

 <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>