httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Brown <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] problem with require directive
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:54:24 GMT
Hello-

Trying to setup basic authentication.

Using the following in my httpd.conf file:

<Location /svn>
   #how to authenticate a user
   AuthType Basic
   AuthName "Restricted Files"
   AuthUserFile /etc/site-passwd
   #Only authenticated users may have access
   Require valid-user brownec
</Location>
Here are the modules I have:
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule auth_anon_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule auth_dbm_module modules/mod_auth_dbm.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so=20

The authentication window pops up OK, but I can't get in, and I get
the following lines
in my error log:

error: unknown require directive valid-user
error: user brownec does not have access

- valid-user is a valid directive, and I have the right module to use it.
- my name is entered in the /etc/site-passwd file (used the htpasswd comman=
d)

Still getting the same error after a few server restarts.  Can't seem
to get around this one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.