httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteRule problems
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:14:29 GMT
On 6/15/05, Arne Heizmann <Arne.Heizmann@csr.com> wrote:
> Krist van Besien wrote:
> >
> > Did you configure you apache to allow proxying? [...] You need something like this
in your apache:

> > ProxyRequests Off
> > <Proxy *>
> >     Order deny,allow
> >     Allow from all
> > </Proxy>
>
> I've added this, and it doesn't seem to have an effect. I still get the
> Forbidden message. I also tried "ProxyRequests On", in case that was a
> typo, and I also tried "Order allow,deny".
>
> > If your requirements are simple there is no need to use a rewrite rule:
> > ProxyPass /old http://ukrbcsr01/
> > ProxyPassReverse /old http://ukrbcsr01/
>
> Tried that (along with the <Proxy *> clause above) and it still has the
> same effect -- 403 Forbidden. :/

Hmmm.

I get the impression that probably somewhere in your httpd config
there is an access rule that forbids access to the /old URL, and that
therefore the "403 Forbidden" gets triggered before everything else.

Do you have an "order allow,deny" statement somewhere?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Solothurn, Switzerland