httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Blocking repeated requests.
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:31:28 GMT
Hello,

We run a web portal for mobile phones. The problem we have is that
some phones have buggy web clients, that sometimes sent  bursts of 200
or more of identical requests, that overwhelm the application server
our webserver forwards its requests to.

Is there a way to filter these requests out? I cannot filter on IP
address, as every request comes via the WAP gateway, and thus has the
same originating IP, but these requests all have a HTTP header (set by
the gateway) that is unique for each individual phone.

We are running apache 2.x on Solaris. Is there a way to solve this?

TIA
Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com