httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ravi.muthukarup...@wipro.com>
Subject FW: [users@httpd] RAM Allocation.
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:34:09 GMT

Hi All,

I was away for quire some time.

Can anybody please help me in getting a solution for this issue ?

Thanks,
Ravi.

-----Original Message-----
From: ravi.muthukaruppan@wipro.com [mailto:ravi.muthukaruppan@wipro.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 04:17
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] RAM Allocation.

Hi All,

I'm using Apache 1.3.28 on Solaris 8 loaded on Sun-Fire-280R server,
having 2x1.2GHz CPU/ 6GB RAM.

Recently it happened twice that the the number of httpd processes went
around 200, the Swap  ( 4GB ) space got filled up and apache stopped
serving requests.

At the same time, I observed that the total the physical RAM usage was
low, which was 1.3 GB out of 6GB.

Is there a possibility that we can allocate more RAM to httpd processes
so that swap is less used and apache serves more requests ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ravi.

Confidentiality Notice

to this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately

Confidentiality Notice

intended
If