httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Blandford <steve.blandf...@myecheck.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question(s)
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:37:22 GMT
I've been trying to use mod_rewrite to have http calls on a couple of
directories and either all .php or one specific .php file rewritten as
https calls.

I have been able to use <directory successfully to get the directories
to rewrite but I cannot for the life of me get a rewrite of

http://www.domain.com/xxxx.php to rewrite to https://www.domain.com/xxxx.php

I am finding out just how tricky mod_rewrite and regular expressions can be.

Another problem I am seeing is even though I have logging turned on in
my conf file, and that the log file was created, nothing has been
written to it...

Here is the portion of my conf file relating to the problem. (domain
names have been changed to protect the innocent)

        #    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
        #    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
        #    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
        #</VirtualHost>

        RewriteEngine On

        NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.3:80

        <VirtualHost 10.0.0.3:80>
            DocumentRoot /var/www/v1.domain.com/html/public
            ServerName www.domain.com
            RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite_log"
            RewriteLogLevel 8
            ServerAlias *.domain.com *.domain.co.uk
            Alias /merchant /var/www/v1.domain.com/html/merchant
            Alias /admin /var/www/v1.domain.com/html/admin
            ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /var/www/v1.domain.com/cgi-bin
            ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/domain.com-error_log
            CustomLog /var/log/httpd/domain.com-access_log common
        </VirtualHost>

        # 1
        <Directory "/var/www/v1.domain.com/html/admin">
            Options FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride All
            RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
            RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%www.domain.com/$1 [R]
        </Directory>

        <Directory "/var/www/v1.domain.com/html/merchant">
            Options FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride All
            RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
            RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%www.domain.com/$1 [R]
        </Directory>

        <Directory "/var/www/v1.domain.com/cgi-bin">
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
          PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
          Options +ExecCGI
        </Directory>

The #1 and #2 ones work. currently. They take any request that is not
https and convert it to https.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Steve Blandford