httpd-users mailing list archives

From "jeremy-list@adtcs.com" <jeremy-l...@adtcs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Suexec invocation problem
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:48:38 GMT
Hello all,

Suexec is driving me crazy!

Apache 1.3.33 compiled with the suexec related options

                --enable-suexec \
                --suexec-uidmin=100 \
                --suexec-gidmin=100 \
                --suexec-caller=nobody \
                --suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/vdocs/ \
                --suexec-logfile=/usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_error_log

suexec is in the expected place, chowned 4755.

When I restart Apache, I  get the expected output in error_log that
tells me suexec is properly configured (as stated in suexec docs)

[Mon Jun 27 13:46:02 2005] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec)

httpd -l reveals

suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

Which also tells me things are configured correctly.

So, my intention is to execute suexec on a virtualhost basis.

I added the User and Group directives into the virthost

User username
Group groupname

username and groupname are valid and have their respective ids above 100.

However, suexec is not being invoked. When I say not being invoked, I
dont mean it is failing one of its many test, I mean not being invoked
at all.

Nothing is written to /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_error_log.

To test the fact that it is not being invoked, I added a call to
log_err() in suexec.c. Executing suexec directly via the commandline
populates /usr/local/apache/logs/suexec_error_log with my custom
message. When I try to hit the virthost domain, my message doesn't appear.

What could possibly prevent suexec from being invoked when I have the
valid User/Group directives defined in the virthost tag????

Stumped and really angry,

Jeremy