httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Trainor <i...@hostinthebox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Difficulties with apache logging
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:21:23 GMT
Noah wrote:
> apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22
> FreeBSD-4.11R3
>
> This is really important for us to fix so I am asking again.
>
> so I upgraded to apache 1.3.33 built from the FreeBSD /usr/ports directory, a common
directory to
> build FreeBSD ports, about a month ago and around that time I stopped seeing POST log
messages
> for my perl scripts ending up in apache's access logs.  We are still using POST to send
form data to
> the script.
>
> any clues why this is no longer being logged.  is there some log granualrity configuration
that is no
> longer default?
>
> These "POST" messages stopped being logged around the time I upgraded.  The log messages
that
> are no longer appearing are shown below and the IPs and domain names are bogus.  Everything
else
> is the same.  Also below I added the common log confiuration lines.
>
> I dont know what else to check.
>
> --- snip ---
>
> 647.818.543.973 - - [14/Apr/2005:12:10:00 -0700] "POST /Fakename.pl HTTP/1.1"
> 405 323 "http://www.fakedomainname.com/html/order.test.html" "Mozilla/5.0
> (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0"
> 678.9188.843.973 - - [14/Apr/2005:14:02:10 -0700] "POST /Fakename.pl HTTP/1.1"
> 200 1974 "http://www.fakedomainname.com.com/html/order.test.html" "Mozilla/5.0
> (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0"
>
> --- snip ---
>
> --- snip ---
>
>         CustomLog /usr/local/www/logs/www.fakedomain.com/access_log combined
>         ErrorLog /usr/local/www/logs/www.fakedomain.com/error_log
>
> --- snip ---
>

> clues please?
>
> cheers,
>
> Noha

Instead of begging, how about showing some more information.  I think
Joshua is right in stabbing you in the face with a fork about your most
recent post.  If you want "adequate, timely responses to some
difficulties that you are having with apache", then take it upon
yourself to find what (free) service is better than the Apache User's
Mailing List.  We've all got jobs, and don't have time (and in some
cases, even the knowledge) to respond to every single post.  We're a
collaborative group, providing free information and help, on a basis
that is compliant with our own schedules.

Are you going to show us what your LogFormat directive looks like for
the logging type of "combined"?

Thanks
-dant