httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark McCulligh <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows, Apache and an ASP Module
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:32:40 GMT
The problem with ASP on Apache is that are you talking ASP or ASP.NET?

The best ASP on Apache is Sun ASP (aka Chilisoft) It will cost $500US.
But it works well, I used it for about 2 years when I made the changes
from Windows(IIS) to Linux(Apache).   I don't use it now as I slowly
converted everything to PHP, But I had no problem when I was using it.

The problem is that most people are finally upgrading from ASP to
ASP.NET while Sun ASP cannot run. ASP.NET has been out I think 5 years
now. If you are looking to run .NET on Linux then look at the Mono
Project. The project has taken the .NET Framework and ported it over. I
don't know if the Mono Project will let you host ASP.NET websites on
Linux. (I would think so).  But for your question, I don't know if you
can install the Mono Project on Windows to be able to run ASP.NET on
Apache. Or maybe install the Microsoft Framwork and link Apache to it
through something. My Mono Prject experience is doing some C# internal
applcations, not ASP.NET.

In short, ASP can be done easily with Sun ASP (But cost $500) ASP.NET
through Apache on Windows I don't know.

Mark.

Arthur Guy wrote:

>Surely someone on this mailing list is using asp pages with apache and
>running windows.
>I really need an idea of what module to use to process the asp pages
>
>Thanks
>Arthur

use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any action taken
in reliance upon this message is prohibited.
>If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of the company.
>We believe that this communication is free from viruses and other potentially dangerous
programmes, but the recipient opens this communication at their own risk.
>We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of
this communication

Mark McCulligh, Web Consultant
VisualTech Components www.VisualTech.ca
mmcculli@visualtech.ca