httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Traver <tt-l...@simplenet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Not Logging Proxy Requests
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:35:31 GMT
Hi all,

ok, I am at a point where I do not want to log a request that is coming
from a proxy. I've looked, and it looks like I can use the CustomLog
directive with a conditional environment variable at the end of it to
accomplish this.

The problem I am having is that the environment variable is not getting
set when I use the SetEnvIf directive.

Here's what I have :

CustomLog /local/logs/apache/access combined env=!dontlog

SetEnvIf Proxy_Addr "209\.132\.98\.35" dontlog

I have tested the following line, and it works :

SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "209\.132\.98\.35" dontlog

But I don't want to refuse logging of everything that is coming from
that host, just the proxy requests.

I have looked and verified that "PROXY_ADDR" is set when a proxy request
is coming in, but for some reason the SetEnvIf is not working based on
that header...

Any help would be appreciated, as I am stumped why that SetEnvIf is not
working. I've tried all sorts of combinations (ie case, different
regexes, etc.)

Thanks,

Tim.