httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arne Heizmann <Arne.Heizm...@csr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteRule problems
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:46:05 GMT

Hi,

I get a 403 Forbidden when trying to use a RewriteRule to proxy a
request to another server.

I have two servers, ukrbcsr01 and ukrbcsr02. ukrbcsr02 is accessible
from the outside, ukrbcsr01 isn't. Their LAN IPs are 192.168.0.131 and
192.168.0.132, respectively. I can access one from the other, so I know
that both Apaches are running correctly and the LAN is working.

Now I added the following RewriteRule to ukrbcsr02:

	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule ^/old/(.*) http://ukrbcsr01/$1 [P]

I was hoping that [P] would work to proxy the request to the other
server, but what I get instead is a 403 Forbidden when I try to access
/old/something. I get the same 403 even when I stop the Apache on
ukrbcsr01, so it must be ukrbcsr02 that generates the Forbidden message
without even attempting to proxy the request.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Arne Heizmann

the system manager.