httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pax Dickinson <...@guardiandigital.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Script to upgrade httpd.conf 1.3.x to 2.x?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:06:53 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working a project that will require me to upgrade a large number of
customer servers from Apache 1.3.33 to the newest 2.x release.

To make a long story short, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted
writing a perl script to automate the httpd.conf file changes that will
be required.  I don't expect a script to be able to fine-tune the config
file to any great extent, but I need to make this upgrade as seamless as
I can and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if at all possible.

--
Pax Dickinson
Guardian Digital, Inc.