httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Lee <joe_sun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Networking problem?
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:40:57 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run Apache web server on my Redhat
Linux machine. I just installed and configured Apache
httpd-2.0.54, and entered "http://localhost" on my
browser (Mozilla). I was able to see "If you can see
this, it means the installation ... was successful."

However, when I went to another machine (a PC), and
entered http://(myhostname)/example.html, I could not
display the file on the PC. It just kept
processing....

I have modified /etc/xinetd.conf to include "service
http", and modified /etc/hosts.allow to add "http
myPCIPaddress", but it did not help.

I think it's networking problem, but I don't know what
else to do. (I can ping from PC to Linux).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe