httpd-users mailing list archives

From dtufs <dt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to close connection instead of sending 403?
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:38:42 GMT

--- Rich <app1@rbentley.com> wrote:

> The 'add_httpd_block' script is something I wrote
> myself to drop the  connection and block the IP for
> a while.

But how do you block it? 403 is possible, but not what
we want. Firewall is possible, but our hosting
provider doesn't allows us to configure it (VPS).

> but I'm sure you could work out something that will
> allow you to drop just this client, thus releasing
> the connection.

It looks like there is currently no solution avaible.
We are considering writing an Apache module that would
allow us to close the connection without sending any
info (403) back to the bad visitor.
The question is whether Apache 1.3 modules are allowed
to close/kill connections like that?