httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why sub-requests for <docroot>/<extra path>?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:12:07 GMT
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:07:14AM +0200, André Malo wrote:

> >     GET http://bumby:88/foo/env.cgi/other/foo
> >
> > results in this message in the error log:
> >
> >     [error] .. client denied by server configuration: /var/lib/projects/other
> >
> > If I enable access to the doc root then this error doesn't show up.
> > It's interesting that only the first extra path segment is used
> > ("other", but not that last "foo").
> >

> That's probably the subrequest lookup needed to build the PATH_TRANSLATED variable.

Ok, interesting.  I guess I need to try modifying mod_cgi.c.

My question now is if my unusual configuration, with DocumentRoot
being Deny from all, but sub-dirs of DocumentRoot as Allow from all is
a reasonably configuration.  That is, should mod_cgi be taking this
possibility into consideration (or maybe ap_sub_req_lookup_uri() is not
the right API or needs to disable logging or some such thing).

That is, what's the next step?

  - accept this as a problem in my configuration (which I don't
  think it is.

  - file a bug report

  - ask on dev@apache first?

--