httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie CGI: nested href
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:32:12 GMT
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Michael D. Berger wrote:

Try putting the cgi in the same directory as the html file and turning on
execCGI in that directory?  That's the easy answer.  I suppose there's
something harder involving mod_rewrite.

But since you're parsing the html anyway, you could rewrite them on the
fly, too.

Your call.

> I wrote a CGI that opens an html file, reads it and sends
> it out (with some modification).  Now these files contain
> relative links of the form:
> Now when the client clicks on "something", only the relative
> paths appear to the CGI, and I cannot open the file.
>
> What should I do?
> 1. I could carry the last path in a cookie and construct
>   the full path.  But this would only work for nodes
>   that accept cookies.
>
> 2. I could change all the paths to absolute.  Much much
>   work.
>
> Any better suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mike.
>

> --
> Michael D. Berger
> m.d.berger@ieee.org

[23:49:00] LarpGM: Did my little TP comment scare you off?
[23:49:22] ilzarion: no, the shrieking retarded child eating people did

-Feb 06, 2001, times apparent.