httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Mayer" <funkymu...@InBox.cc>
Subject [users@httpd] Add Request Method by using SCRIPT / Bug?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:30:19 GMT
Hello!

I would like to add the SEARCH method to the allowed request methods - with
the SCRIPT directive it should be no problem:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#script
"Prior to Apache 1.3.10, method can only be one of GET, POST, PUT, or
DELETE. As of 1.3.10, any arbitrary method name may be used. Method names
are case-sensitive, so Script PUT and Script put  have two entirely
different effects."

So I added the following line to my apache config to make a proof of
concept:
"Script SEARCH /cgi-bin/printenv.pl"

But running the configuration test tool shows the following error:
"Syntax error on line 941 of C:/Programme/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Unknown method type for Script"

How can I resolve this?

Best regards,