httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gustavo A. Baratto" <gbara...@superb.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] C compiler cannot create executables
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:40:06 GMT
mount the solaris 8 CD on your server and execute this:

/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /cd/mount/point/Solaris_9/Product SUNWbtool
/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /cd/mount/point/Solaris_9/Product SUNWsprot
/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /cd/mount/point/Solaris_9/Product SUNWtoo
etc...

I think you gonna need SUNWlibC, SUNWscpu (and SUNWscpux for 64bit) as well

----- Original Message -----
  From: chris
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:33 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] C compiler cannot create executables

  hi,

  i'm installing appache 2.0.54 on solaris 8, i already installed pkges from sunfreeware.com
 gcc automake, binutils, make, autoconf, etc. i laready did fixed my path /usr/cc/bin/ /usr/ucb
......, i tried ln -s gcc cc, however, i 'm still getting the error.

  but i dont have all this packages on my system

  SUNWbtool, SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo
  for libraries & headers:
  SUNWhea, SUNWarc, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms
  SUNWdfbh, SUNWcg6h, SUNWxwinc, SUNWolinc,
  SUNWxglh
  for 64 bit development:
  SUNWarcx, SUNWbtoox, SUNWdplx, SUNWscpux, SUNWsprox,
  SUNWtoox, SUNWlmsx, SUNWlmx, SUNWlibCx
  for ucb compat:
  SUNWsra, SUNWsrh

  i do not have the /opt/SUNWsprot directory either.

  how can i install this packages,  where can i get it? is it downloadable?

  thnks.

  checking for chosen layout... apr
  checking for gcc... gcc
  checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables
  See `config.log' for more details.
  configure failed for srclib/apr