httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Berger" <m.d.ber...@ieee.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie CGI: nested href
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:23:28 GMT
I wrote a CGI that opens an html file, reads it and sends
it out (with some modification).  Now these files contain
relative links of the form:
Now when the client clicks on "something", only the relative
paths appear to the CGI, and I cannot open the file.

What should I do?
1. I could carry the last path in a cookie and construct
   the full path.  But this would only work for nodes
   that accept cookies.

2. I could change all the paths to absolute.  Much much
   work.

Any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Mike.