httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Granvin" <Robert.Gran...@metrostate.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Whither HTTP_USER_AGENT?
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 21:12:52 GMT
Then I'm completely baffled.

When an ISP I use upgraded Apache, the variable ceased to be available to the SSI scripts
I use.  When we recently upgraded a server here, we encountered the same problem.  <!--#printenv-->,
for example, also does not list the variable (but shows every other one that I expect and
am used to).

\\ Robert J. Granvin                                             Webmaster
 \\ robert.granvin@metrostate.edu                       Metro State University

>>> araheja@techquotes.com 05/25/05 3:44 PM >>>
Th variable is very much available. Look at the apache docs you'll find
a good example
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

HTH
Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

Robert Granvin wrote:

>OK, I'm certain this is an old question... my apologies for not finding it first...
>
>It appears that HTTP_USER_AGENT is no longer an available environment variable.  Is this
correct?  And if so, is there a way to "activate" it or use some other function to obtain
browser and version information?

>We have an infrastructure that changes stylesheets and content based on the browser and
version being used, and obviously without this environment variable, that is now broken.