httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jan Eden <li...@janeden.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewriting again
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 15:05:55 GMT
Hi,

I am still struggling with the setup described in my earlier post. It almost works now.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} (first|second|third)
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ %1/$1 [NC]

RewriteRule ^first/site/?$ cgi-bin/show.pl?id=2657 [L,NC]
# Index für 'Breskens'
RewriteRule ^first/site/page/?$ cgi-bin/show.pl?id=2658 [L,NC]

While

http://domain/site/
works
http://domain/site/page

does not. The error log says

maximum number of internal redirects reached

But with the setup above, both URLs should be treated similarly. Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

Jan
--
Any technology which is distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.