httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joel Bjurström <maxxf...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Ignore requests
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 06:50:27 GMT
I've been a victim for this annoying /sumthin-attack, I get quite a
few requests for that dir, that's very annoying, 'cause my (not very
silent) dot-matrix printer is printing my error_log ;)
So now i wonder if i can make apache simply ignore requests for
/sumthin, so it gives no http-header, nothing.
Now I'm using "Redirect gone /sumthin" in my .htaccess, so I don't get
any errors in error_log, but it would (IMO) be better to just drop the
request. Is that possible?
I run Apache2, so the exploit they're searching for doesn't work, but
I don't want to spend system resources for generating page contents to
this requests ;)

--
/maxxflow
maxxflow@gmail.com