httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redhat WS compime problem
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 16:05:12 GMT
On 5/21/05, Michael D. Berger <m.d.berger@ieee.org> wrote:
> I downloaded httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz and I am using it
> to replace the present version on RH-E-WS-4.  My main
> reason is to get --enable-ext-filter. Here is my
> config command:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-expires --enable-ext-filter
> --enable-headers --enable-logio
>
> I then:
>  make
>  make install
> There is plenty of action, but my old version is not
> replaced.

See also the "config.layout" file in the build directory.  You'll
notice that the layout used by default ("Apache") is not at all
similar to the layout used by the redhat-installed version of apache.
To fix this, I suggest finding the source-rpm for your pre-installed
apache, and make sure you match the ./configure command line and
layout file.  (Or, alternatively, simply remove the old redhat version
and start from scratch with a /usr/local/ install.  But you'll then
need to figure out yourself how to get apache started at boot-time,
etc.)

Joshua.