httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache not treating .EXE as CGI
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 14:02:12 GMT
On 5/19/05, shenty@techflow.com <shenty@techflow.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the hint with ordering the Alias directives. Oddly enough, I
> left my configuration unchanged, did a reboot, and the .EXEs work fine,
> now. I'm not clear on whether the service Restarts I did on the Apache
> service weren't sufficient before, or whether shutting Mozilla down
> completely (a side effect of the reboot) instead of doing a forced Reload
> (Ctrl-Reload) did the trick.
>
> In any case, my current configuration (see below, or see previous content
> in this thread) is working fine -- with AddHandler left in place, in spite
> of the NIST installation directions.
>
> BTW: I didn't notice anything in the Apache manual indicating order and
> specificity concerns, especially in regards to Alias in conjunction with
> ScriptAlias. Is this undocumented behavior?

As I mentioned, even with the ScriptAlias ignored, the AddHandler and
Options were enough to get the effect you wanted (since your
ScriptAlias was pointing to a directory already mapped into the
webspace -- not a very good idea in general).

Regarding documentation of the ordering effects:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_alias.html#order

Joshua.