httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Knox <n...@vushta.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.53 Index file limit
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 00:52:17 GMT
Hello,

I have an apache 2.0.53 server running on a SuSE Professional 9.3
system. In one subdirectory I have Indexes allowed, and let people walk
the directory tree. In one directory I have a file that is ~2.7GB
(2832207872 bytes). When you view this directory through apache, this
file is missing from the list.

Trying to reference this file directly via
http://my.server.name/directory/largefile, I get "Forbidden", where
apache tells me that I do not have permission to access the file (which
has 644 permissions, the same as every other file in this directory),
and then generates an additional 403 Forbidden error when trying to use
an ErrorDocument.

The error log shows:

[Fri May 06 20:25:06 2005] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (75)Value
too large for defined data type: access to /directory/largefile failed,
referer: ....

If a user uses SFTP to connect to my server, the file shows up in the
listing and they can download it. However, the whole point of me
putting it in the WWW directory tree is so that my users (who by and
large are pretty clueless) can get to it easily.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Tom