httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Execute perl Script
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 09:56:39 GMT
Plain text please...

You have to set DirectoryIndex for the cgi dir as you would for any index file in a normal
directory, ie:

DirectoryIndex index.pl

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Kirchel [mailto:kirchel@gutenberg-rz.de]
Sent: Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005 10:34
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Execute perl Script

Hi,
I'm running Apache/2.0.53 on a Linux System.
My problem is that I want to execute a perl-script with the name index.pl

If I type the URL f.e.: http://222.222.222.222/cgi-bin/index.pl everything is fine.

But if I type http://222.222.222.222/cgi-bin/ I get the following error in the error-log.

[Thu May 19 10:27:16 2005] [error] [client 222.222.222.222] attempt to invoke directory as
script: /srv/www/cgi-bin/

What I have to change in the httpd.conf or in the default-server.conf ?

Many greetings
Olli

the sender's company.