httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ramsey, Robert L" <robert-ram...@uiowa.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] problems accessing mounted directories
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 20:49:02 GMT
> Trying using a basic mount first
>
> smbmount //192.x.x.x/web_documents /var/www/documents -o username=xxx
>
> and see if that helps.  Get it working as a normal mount
> before mounting it with fstab.

I did that.  It actually took a little extra work to get them mounted.
The shares I'm mounting are on a Windows 2003 server and that needs to
be mounted as mount -t cifs instead of samba.  But it's all working now.
If I go into a web browser on the dev server and use
file:///var/www/html/documents/index.html it works fine, but changing to
http://localhost/documents/index.html doesn't work.  And a
non-privileged acount on the server can also browse to the index file
through a file manager.

> Now to the dumb questions.  Do you have an index.html in
> there or are you expending an index?

I have an index.html.

Thanks,

Bob