httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Harish Sundaram" <harish.sunda...@patni.com>
Subject [users@httpd] IP Address Problem...
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 14:36:57 GMT
Hi,

I am running Apache 2.0.53 on HP-UX Itanium machine and I'm facing this
peculiar problem with the Server Access log. For any request, the IP address
is not properly printed in the log. I am getting entries such as:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:: - - [26/May/2005:14:52:50 +0530] "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 404 294
:: - - [26/May/2005:14:52:51 +0530] "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 404 294

i.e. instead of printing the IP address of the remote host, I only get "::".
I checked out the LogFormat directive in httpd.conf. The LogFormat has the
option "%a" which prints the IP address of the remote host.

What else could be the problem?

Thanks,
Harish.

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.