httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 64-bit problem
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 18:00:06 GMT
Might be a better idea to write a bug report to http://issues.apache.org/ and attach a patch.

-ascs

________________________________

From: Tejas Sanghavi [mailto:tejas.sanghavi@patni.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:41 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] 64-bit problem

Hi,

I am porting the apache 2.0.53 to Windows 2003 Server (64-bit). From the study of the code,
I found that at some places, care is not taken while writing the portable code.

like in file server\mpm\winnt\child.c (line 887):

child_handles = (HANDLE) apr_pcalloc(pchild, ap_threads_per_child * sizeof(int));

should be changed to:

child_handles = (HANDLE) apr_pcalloc(pchild, ap_threads_per_child * sizeof(HANDLE));

so that it works fine both on 32-bit and 64-bit. Though the size of int and HANDLE are same
on 32-bit, while allocating memory, care should always be taken with sizeof().

Regards,
Tejas Sanghavi.

http://www.patni.com

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information
for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any
review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it
appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us
immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.