httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kory Wheatley <wheak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 , Mod_ssl and need to add PHP
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 16:24:13 GMT
What if PHP is already installed and configured to our non-secure
server?  Our secure server is running on a separate process, because
of University procedures, (all leave it at that), and was not
configured with PHP.

Here is how I installed our secure server
./configure --with-layout=Apache --prefix=/usr/local/apache
--enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --enable-module=ssl

My question is how would I tie our  already installed version of php
to our existing Secure Server, and  PHP would still need to be

On 5/19/05, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:
> [...]
the page above), particularly flex and bison - make sure you have them available before you
start.

> > I need to know the steps I need to take, I hope I will not have to
> > recompile Apache, because will I than have to purchase another SSL
> > Certificate, because this is a production server.
>
> You shouldn't need to recompile apache - since you compiled it with mod_so the first
time it's just a matter of loading the PHP module. Incidentally, even if you do have to recompile,
you don't need to buy a new cert! (whatever gave you that idea...)

> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle
>

> > --
> > Kory Wheatley

> Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug zur
Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal
nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent
e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe
SWX.

> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.