httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Daniel" <Matt.Dan...@invetech.com.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] win 2K install problem
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 05:11:19 GMT
sorry did not finish the sentence
I have installed the same software, on the same network on another machine I have that is
a WinXp and less "modern"  and that works fine, so I assume there is no network rights type
problems

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Daniel
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2005 2:15 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] win 2K install problem

Hi

I am trying to install apache 2 on my win 2k machine and the install gets stuck on
"Creating shortcuts".
The install will stall with the bar graph all most at the end and will then time out.

I have installed the same software, on the same network on another machine I have that is
a WinXp and less "modern"

I have tried install for both all users and current user.
I have shut all programs down
I have rebooted

Is there something I could have running that could affect the install ?

Thanks
Matt

Installing on a work network.
On my local PC