httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milan Andric <mand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] complete list of directives depending on AllowOverride AuthConfig
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 00:02:28 GMT
On 4/29/05, Joshua Slive <jslive@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/05, Milan Andric <mandric@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am planning on removing AllowOverride AuthConfig from my non-SSL
> > virtual hosts.
> > This would disable use of AuthType Basic|Disgest in .htaccess files so
> > clear text http auth is discouraged.  We allow it on the SSL hosts.
> > One thing I was looking for is a complete list of directives that
> > depend on the configuration,
> > AllowOverride AuthConfig
> > so I know what is affected by turning it off.  Is such a list
> > available?  I searched the apache documentation but could not find a
> > complete list.  The only ones i see are
> > (AuthDBMGroupFile, AuthDBMUserFile, AuthGroupFile, AuthName, AuthType,
> > AuthUserFile, Require, etc.).  the "etc." is not expanded anywhere.
>
> Since the documentation is XML, you can easily generate such a list
> programatically.  See, for example, how the directive quick-reference
> is generated.
> (I almost added the override info to the quick-reference, but I
> thought it was already too dense.)
>
> Joshua.

Hey Joshua, thanks for the ideas but i'm not very familiar with how
the docs are generated.  I looked around but don't see any scripts
used to process the xml.  Are you suggesting I use some other tools to
parse the xml?

just wondering if you have any more suggestions, i guess this is an
XML question ...

Thanks!!

--
Milan