httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ravi.muthukarup...@wipro.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RAM Allocation.
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 22:46:57 GMT

Hi All,

I'm using Apache 1.3.28 on Solaris 8 loaded on Sun-Fire-280R server,
having 2x1.2GHz CPU/ 6GB RAM.

Recently it happened twice that the the number of httpd processes went
around 200, the Swap  ( 4GB ) space got filled up and apache stopped
serving requests.

At the same time, I observed that the total the physical RAM usage was
low, which was 1.3 GB out of 6GB.

Is there a possibility that we can allocate more RAM to httpd processes
so that swap is less used and apache serves more requests ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ravi.

Confidentiality Notice