httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bud P. Bruegger" <...@comune.grosseto.it>
Subject [users@httpd] specifying module execution order
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 13:19:16 GMT
I was wondering whether there was a way to specify module execution order
of modules.

Concretely, my problem is that mod-ssl's fixup handler (that executes in
HOOK_MIDDLE) defines some environment variable that I would like to access
in my mod-python fixup handler that executes in HOOK_MIDDLE (like all
mod-python fixup handlers).   Is there any way of controlling that
mod-ssl's handler runs before that of mod-python (short of patching either
module)?

Somehow, I think that should be a common problem--but searching the web I
couldn't find anything.

many thanks in advance for any help.

-b

PS.  I was wondering whether the module load order affected the execution
order.  I run Apache2 on Debian that specifies the modules to load as sym
links from mods-enabled to mods-available.  Would anyone know how to
specify the load order of modules the Debian way?  Maybe prefixing the
sym-link names with numbers (like in /etc/init.d)?

Ing. Bud P. Bruegger, Ph.D.                 +39-0564-488577
(voice),  -21139 (fax)
Servizio Elaborazione Dati                    e-mail:  bud@comune.grosseto.it
Comune di
Grosseto                            http://www.comune.grosseto.it/cie/
Via Ginori,
43                                      http://OpenPortalGuard.sf.net
58100 Grosseto (Tuscany, Italy)           jabber:  bud@amessage.info

Free Software in Public Administration:  not just a good idea, but a necessity

Perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to be added, but
when there is nothing more to be taken away -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery