httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Running multiple daemons
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 08:37:00 GMT
Oh, and regarding autostart... you just need to execute apachectl start for each of your instances:

for apachectl in apache*/bin/apachectl ; do $apachectl start ; done

You can easily make an init.d script that does this.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV [mailto:Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 10:31 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Running multiple daemons

We have numerous instances of Apache running on each server. Apache is installed only once.
A directory structure is created for each instance of Apache which contains the bin, cgi-bin,
conf, and htdocs directories. The bin directory contains a modified version of apachectl as
well as an envvars file.

The modified version of apachectl (included herein) determines the root directory of the instance
and invokes httpd with the apropriate arguments. To start a particular server instance, you
only need to run apachectl in the bin directory of the instance.

The main difference between the configurations is the ServerRoot since most paths are relative
to this.

                  |                          /usr/local/apache
     apache01         apache02         --------------------
conf  bin  htdocs cgi-bin logs