httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Donker <l...@webpagina.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems on Linux
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:33:09 GMT
Broming plutonium wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Is anyone here running the UNIX version of Apache
>2.0.52 (that you compiled yourself) on a Linux
>machine? I am, and there are a lot of problems.
>Proxying doesn't work; authentication doesn't work;
>headers don't work...
>
>Let's talk about proxying first. Whenever I put
>"ProxyRequests On" in httpd.conf, Apache wouldn't
>start/restart. It said it doesn't understand
>ProxyRequests.
>
>As for authentication, whenever I try to start
>htpasswd or htdigest, it always says "error while
>object file: No such file or directory".
>
>OK about the headers...whenever I add "Header..." to
>httpd.conf, Apache wouldn't start. Same story here--it
>doesn't understand what "Header" means.
>
>I'm guessing that the reason these features don't work
>is because I didn't have enough programs when
>compiling the source code. I did notice a lot of no's
>when running
>./configure. What programs do I need to compile Apache
>properly?
>
>Also, how do I uninstall Apache if I've deleted the
>source directory?

Looks like you are trying to use modules that you didnt load. Like
mod_proxy or ssl. How did you compile? What was the commandline and how
does your httpd.conf looks like? You dont give very much info besides
that it doesnt work...You dont even tell us what version you run and on
what distro!
You also might want to visit httpd.apache.org and look at the compiling
and installing section

-Patrick