httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laura Vance <van...@winfreeacademy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can you beat my score?
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 22:09:03 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 5/27/05, Laura Vance <vancel@winfreeacademy.com> wrote:
>

>>Soooo... Now we're going to be spammed?  I suppose the membership of the
>>list isn't controlled in any way, so I suppose it's surprising that this
>>list isn't spammed 100 times every single day.
>>

>The list is spam-protected (but with a lenient spamassassin threshold
>of 10) and subscriber-only posting restricted.  Otherwise, you'd be
>happy to see only 100 spams a day.
>
>This one came through only because the sender is a subscriber.
>Probably a worm-infected subscriber.  Please just ignore it and go on
>with your business.
>
>Joshua.

Ok, cool.  It's better to know that it would take a subscriber getting
infected (or clicking on something bad) to get to this list.  When I
re-read my message it sounded like I was mad, but I wasn't, I just never
thought about getting things like that on one of the few lists where I'm
subscribed.

Thanks for your diligence!

--
Thanks,