httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 looking for wrong httpd.conf file on Mac
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 17:16:27 GMT
Ed Heckman wrote:
> Everything seems to be working fine except that Apache doesn't seem to be
> looking for the correct httpd.conf file. It's supposed to be using the one
> in /apache2/conf/ but when I run 'apachectl configtest', it says it's
> checking the files in /private/etc/httpd/users/.

httpd -V will show you where he thinks that the configuration file is,
if that's the not the correct one you can do two things:

call httpd -c /where/your/config/file/is

or recompile your httpd specifying the correct configuration directory
(option -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE), note tha recompiling with just the
--prefix options doesn't change everything. Check also the
config.layout file.

Davide