httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Montigny <...@assoces.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Wildcard DNS with Separate Subdomain Log Files
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 11:30:16 GMT
Hello,

Just add a new definition of log format possibly called "vhost" : copy
the "combined" log format and add a %h at the beginning of the definition.
%h stands for "virtual host name".

Everything will be logged to the regular access.log except the log lines
will look like :
user1.mydomain.com 10.10.10.10 <time> <accessed page> ...

split-logfile will the,n parse that file and write into new files called
user1.mydomain.com.log :
10.10.10.10 <time> <access page> ....

Those files can then be parsed by webalizer.

That's what i'm doing, it's working fine. The only con is that when run
by a cron job, it will add lines that already exist to the vhost
logfiles, making
them a lot bigger.You may want to delete logfiles before using
split-logfile so that you don't end up with tons of redundant logfiles.

*subliminal message*logfile*

Hope that helps,

Jean-Christophe Montigny