httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] access to user directories
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 11:03:59 GMT
>	I also do have the <Directory ...  block that you suggested, as
>follows:
><Directory /home/*/public_html>
>    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
>    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec

This doesn't seems correct.

You have the "Indexes" option but you are getting "You don't have
permission to access /~user/ ..." (if IIRC what you said). Now,
that message is sent _only_ if you don't have an 'index.html'
or 'default.html' file _AND_ the listing of the directory is
prohibited, but the "Indexes" option should show you the list of
files anyway.

So there are various options here: you are editing the wrong
configuration file _or_ there is another <Directory > block that
override the configuration.

Davide