httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] possible bug? apache truncates part of the content-type http header if the header is folded
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 21:12:26 GMT
Ian Huynh wrote:
> Env: Win2K Server, Apache 2.0.52 up to 2.0.54
>
> We are running apache + mod_proxy + mod_rewrite as a reverse proxy for a backend J2EE
server.  We've observed that if the J2EE server returns a Content-Type with the following
value:

> Apache will drop the parameter protocol and micalg and return this Content-Type to the
client

> However, if the content-type header is not folded the content-type is returned unchanged
>
> It looks like when a content-type (only content-type header, other headers are not affected)
is folded,
> only the last parameter is picked up and returned to the client.

I haven't tested that, but it smells of a genuine bug (your description
is far more coherent than we expect from the people who submit bug
reports because they haven't read TFM).  If you don't get a better
reply here, it might be worth an entry in bugzilla.

--
Nick Kew