httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <jnag...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] vhost Problem
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 22:16:33 GMT
For some reason, I'm getting the following error message in the logfile for
a new virtual host (in addition to getting a 403 Forbidden when trying to
pull up the directory index):

[Sun May 15 17:10:59 2005] [crit] [client 207.144.230.112] (13)Permission
denied: /home/shadowtaint/public_ht
ml/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

despie the fact that there is an empty .htaccess file that has the proper
permissions (I have .htaccess enabled for those who want to use it). I've
disabled .htaccess support and restarted and I get the same error meessage
and the same 403 Forbidden message when trying to pull up the directory
index of the vhost. What's up?

I'm thinking I just need a second pair of eyes at my vhost conf for this
person so here it is:

<VirtualHost *>
         DocumentRoot /home/shadowtaint/public_html/
         ServerName shadowtaint.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
         CustomLog /home/jnagyjr/logs/shadowtaint-access.log combined
         ErrorLog /home/jnagyjr/logs/shadowtaint-error.log
         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/shadowtaint/public_html/cgi-bin/
  <Directory "/home/shadowtaint/public_html">
         Options All Multiviews
  </Directory>
  <Directory "/home/shadowtaint/public_html/cgi-bin">
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
  </Directory>