httpd-users mailing list archives

From alfredo <orazio.nel...@virgilio.it>
Subject [users@httpd] public_html does not work
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 18:42:37 GMT
Hello,
I'm trying to allow users to have their own home pages on a server
(Linux Mandrake 9.1 with Apache 2).
So:
1) I made a public_html dir in /home/myuser and I put there a index.html
file.

2) I set permission on directories like this:
$myuser chmod 701 /home/myuser

$myuser chmod 755 /home/myuser/public_html

3) In httpd2.conf the following line is uncommeted:
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so

4) In commonhttpd.conf the directives:
UserDir
and
DyrectoryIndex

are uncommented and set as default.

5) Also the following lines in the same file are uncommented and leaved
as default :

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
     Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Limit>
     <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
     </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

and

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
     AllowOverride All
     Options MultiViews -Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
     <IfModule mod_access.c>
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
     </IfModule>
</Directory>

and

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
     Options +ExecCGI -Includes -Indexes
     SetHandler cgi-script
     <IfModule mod_access.c>
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
     </IfModule>
</Directory>

5) I looked at the guide of apache site and other tutorials on line.

Actually when i write in the browser:

http://www.mydomain.com/~myuser/

i receive this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~myuser/ on this server.

I don't know how to do, I'm newbie and self-taught and need to be a bit
tutored.
Tnx
Alfredo Cosco
(Italy)