httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josh Cheney <jo...@netsville.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] adding virtual hosts without restarting ??
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 11:37:06 GMT
I have found that an 'apachectl restart' is not enough for some reason
when adding a new SSL VHost, but rather you need to stop then startssl.

Just as a side note.

Boyle Owen wrote:
> Plain text please...
>
> This will happen if there is an error in the new config. The safe sequence of events
should be:

> 	apachectl configtest
>
> 	if (Syntax OK)
>
> 		apachectl graceful
>
> 	else
>
> 		fix httpd.conf and try again
>

> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

cause all the other domains to stop working (for a little while) ??

> thanks,
>

> ed
>

> How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo!
Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos

> This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.

Josh Cheney
joshc@netsville.com
Netsville, Inc.