httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Winfield-Blum <ch...@leadingside.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with User Directories
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 09:12:26 GMT
Hi,

I can see the problem is a rights issue. I created a dummy User and set
the home directory 777 and the pages can be viewed.

So what is the appropriate access needed to give access to these user
directories? it seems funny to me to force a the rights to be loosened
for this.

Perhaps I set up a userdocs/username/ folder and just use a symbolic
link to give the users access from the home directory??

Thanks
Chris

Boyle Owen said the following:

> [...]
need this directive for the directory containing your error docs as well.

>Check in the error_log, by the way, you shold see: "access denied by server config" or
similar...

>Note that this is orthogonal to the issue of file-permissions.
>
>Rgds,
>Owen Boyle
>Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored.

>>----------
>>Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7a DAV/2
>>SVN/1.2.0-rc3
>>Server at 219.95.154.252 Port 80

>>This is my UserDir settings:
>>
>>UserDir public_html
>>UserDir disabled root
>>
>><Directory /home/*/public_html>
>>       AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
>>       Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
>></Directory>
>>
>>the public_html folder exists in /home/user and I even set
>>permissions
>>to 777 but still no luck.
>>
>>Any suggestions? this is probably a common question sorry :(
>>
>>Thanks
>>Chris

>>Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat keinen Bezug
zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This e-mail is of a private and personal
nature. It is not related to the exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent
e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du Groupe
SWX.

>This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary
the sender's company.