httpd-users mailing list archives

From zcat <z...@maxnet.co.nz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache improvement suggestion
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 03:41:14 GMT
>>>1. How do I check for *no* referer field ?
>>
>>Apache usually prints "-" in the log if the referer is not defined. But it depends
on whatever you are using to check the referer in the first place.

> Right.  You need to tell us the blocking method you are using.
> An example is here:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/env.html#examples

Some firewalls/proxies change referrer to
contain many similar entries with differing numbers of +), so it might
be a good idea to make a blacklist of known unauthorised links rather
than a 'whitelist' of you own URL and recognised 'masked' referer headers.