httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hudak <john.j.hu...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Is this an Apache config problem?
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 13:13:05 GMT
Hi Folks:
This one has me stumped...
My OS is RH9 running Apache 2.0.40.  I have a one page web file,
index.html, located in /var/www/html,   with the following line in it:
</FONT></P>
This is a test...<a href="http://xx.xx.xx.xx/var/www/html/my_file.pdf"
 >get it here</a>
<P align=left>
xx.xx.xx.xx is the machines IP address...the machine is connected to a
router that is configured to pass http requests on port 80.
The httpd.config file root directory is set up correctly (/var/www/html)
and is set to listen on my IP:port address.

The system serves up the page just fine, but when I click on the 'get it
here' link, I get:
Object not found...blah, blah blah...Error 404.

I have tried various versions of the line (.i.e. ftp://, file=, etc.),
and multiple browsers,  with the same response.
Apache is installed with minimal changes to html.config.  I have check
access privildges on the directories and they seem fine.  Any
Suggestions on how to make this work?
Thanks for any help/suggestions...
John