httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hudak <john.j.hu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] One virtual server causes my whole network to come to a crawl
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 12:42:40 GMT
Hi Carl:
I can't provide a specific answer to your problems but I can ask some
questions that may help you muddle thorough this.  I am thinking this
may be a resource contention problem on your machine that ultimately
manifests itself as slow network traffic.  I am assuming that when you
are looking at network traffic the traffic is about the same on the 4
server version versus the 5 server version?  So, what OS are you using
this under?  If Linux, have you seen your process stack grow? doing a
lot of disk swapping?   Have you tuned the packet length processing -
from what I recall, Windoz is more sensitive to this than Linux.
These are just some things to think about...perhaps they can highlight
an area to look more into.
John