httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carl Schrader <c...@sabucat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] One virtual server causes my whole network to come to a crawl
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 21:46:03 GMT
It's just a simple site with some php and a couple images. BUT, I even
removed the whole directory and replaced it with a single index.html and
the same thing happens. As soon as I enable that virtual server and
restart Apache, 30 seconds or so later, the network slows down to a crawl.

TIA

Patrick Donker wrote:
> Carl Schrader wrote:
>
>> I have Apache 2.0 with 5 virtual servers set up. As of a couple days
>> ago, our network has been REAL slow. Today I tracked it back to Apache
>> and specifically this one virtual server. If I turn off this virtual
>> server, the network comes back to normal. I've looked at the logs and
>> don't see anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>> Where should I start to track this down?
>

> By telling us what is doing the virtual server that appears to slow down
> your net. What is so special about it that it generates that much traffic?
>
> -Patrick

Life's too short for FM. Get XM!

Get Firefox!
http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&amp;id=1312&amp;t=1